Idera has a bunch of Free SQL Server Webcasts that you can watch and learn from. One that particularly caught my attention was the webcast about SQL Server Myths Debunked…Or Are They?
Numerous SQL Server experts have done a great job of debunking many of the common myths that crop up around SQL Server best practices and usage. However in some cases, the debunking of those myths creates unintended consequences – we ignore the underlying truth which started the myth in the first place.
SQL Server expert Michael K. Campbell does a survey of misperceptions that have arisen from commonly debunked SQL Server myths. This free webcast shows you how shrinking and using multiple files can be a best practice, what AWE and locking files in memory really means, along with other best practices that you may be missing out on because of misconceptions.
In addition to this webcast, I recommend the following webcasts:
- What Are You Waiting For?
- Putting a Better SQL Server in Production
- Under The Hood with SQL Server Fundamentals
- Learning to Hate the SMO: A PowerShell Love Story
- TempDB: Performance and Manageability
- 5 Common High-Availability Mistakes
- Common SQL Server Security Mistakes
- Top 10 SQL Server Backup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Check out all these Free SQL Server Webcasts Over Here